If you’re a heart patient, you really need to eat good foods for healthy heart. Eating foods will not only keep your heart healthy but also you will live longer.
Here are top 10 foods for healthy heart
1. Oatmeal – You need to start your day with a steaming bowl of oats. Oats are rich in potassium and helps in reducing LDL cholesterol levels which are bad for your heart.
2. Raisins – Raisins help in fighting against gum diseases. Research shows that people having gum diseases are twice likely to suffer from heart related problems. So, its better to protect both by eating raisins.
3. Whole grains – Whole grains contain antioxidants, phytoestrogens and phytosterols that protects body from coronary disease. Also, it contains fiber which lowers the risk of heart disease. You must eat whole grains as it will also help you in getting lean.
4. Olive Oil – Olive oil is rich in Omega-3 which is considered as a good fat. It also reduces LDL cholesterol levels lowering the risk of heart diseases.
5. Pomegranate – Pomegranate contains phytochemicals that protects the lining of the arteries from damage. Drinking pomegranate juice improves the hemoglobin levels and stimulates the blood flowing through arteries.
6. Broccoli – It is rich in Vitamin K which helps in the bone formation. Broccoli also keeps your weight stable. It is full of fiber and helps to lower blood pressure therefore making heart healthy.
7. Beans – Beans taken in right quantity are good for your heart. It helps in lowering cholesterol levels. Beans contain flavonoids that inhibit the adhesion of platelets in the blood. You should eat beans twice a week and prevent your heart from attacks and strokes.
8. Nuts – Walnuts, Pistachios, Peanuts, Hazelnuts and Almonds are full of omega-3 which is a necessary fat for our body. Eating 10 almonds daily can make your heart stronger. Also, these nuts are rich in vitamins, minerals and contains low levels of saturated fats.
9. chocolate – Eating dark chocolate can benefit cardiovascular health. Chocolate not only helps to improve your stamina or sperm count, it also boost your immune system by reducing inflammation. Cocoa chocolate boosts nitric oxide and helps in lowering blood pressure which is a great sign of healthy heart. Make sure, you don’t eat milk chocolates which always increase fat and cause diabetes.
10. Apple – It doesn’t matter whether you’re losing weight, reducing cholesterol levels or reducing blood pressure, Apple is always there. Apple is associated with lower risk of death from all types of heart diseases. It protects your body from coronary as well as cardiovascular diseases. Apple is rich in pectin which is a soluble fiber and Vitamin C which helps in maintaining cholesterol levels.
These are top 10 foods for healthy heart.